Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Secret Life of a Ballpen

Students used to love me.
When they were younger, they have always wanted to replace their pencils and use me-- I felt very needed.
When they grew older, they learned to forget me. I usually find myself misplaced in between notebooks or even found in the trash bins! My head is always exposed because students always forget where to find my cap!
If not being percussed on the armchair as a noise-maker during boring class discussions, my ink is wasted from practicing signatures and scribbling "i love____" at the back of their notebooks.
In Rizal's time, I am a weapon better than a sword. Now I am a modern day pacifier for grown-ups. Apparently, I always find myself being slobbery after taking a trip down someone's mouth.
In modern times, my inferiority complex worsens. Students do not want my help. They go to school even without me. What used to be a pencil case full of my entire clan,is now a small thing called USB. I just found out that with USB, information is much easier to transfer. Apparently, Powerpoint presentations are not copied in the notebooks and those USBs would just be inserted inside the big metal notebook, and poof! Everything copied.

Oh the modern life, when would I be digital?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Paranaque, Philippines