Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cheese Flavor

As my friend, Trisha and I walked pass Zaide, a familiar smell just tickled my olfactory senses.
"Cheese flavor? Where does it come from?", I asked my friend.
"Zaide, where else?"
, said Trisha. Actually she has a point, where else would it come from?

Suddenly, I felt nostalgic and memories flooded by mind. I just remember the days when we cook popcorn in our house. Those were the days when microwaves are not yet in, and for you to cook popcorn, you have to use the hard way. It was always flavored cheese.
After waiting for the popcorn to be cooked, we would choose our most comfortable position in our sofa and watch our most favorite childhood show--Wansapanataym. We need not to worry about assignments, school is just nothing but a playground and class lessons are just instructions on how you can play in that childhood arena. How I wish I can turn back to time when my questions are as simple as how would I have my 2 front teeth back? how would I win Jack and Poy?, what's the lyrics of pearly shells? who will win: Taguro or Eugene?, will I be expelled because I misplaced my ID? When happiness is simple as knowing that classes are suspended, and the only thing that will make you cry is your bully classmate.

Yeah, life is simple during the time of cheese-flavored popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Paranaque, Philippines