Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Artist date #4

It was my first time to really explore Eastwood ALONE. I live in South and going to Eastwood is like going out of town. I have been to Eastwood couple of times before but I never really explored it. Mostly, we would just eat at Fazolli's and indulge ourselves with unlimited garlic breads.

Just before the Valentine's day, I went to a party at Eastwood to support my friend since she is one of the models. Because the preparation for the models takes more than 3 hours, I have decided to explore Eastwood alone. Since it's almost valentines day and I have no one to spend it with, I just thought of the inner artist in me as my date, it's literally an artist date. I went to bookstores and read a few introductions of different books, I went on a jazz concert in one of the big open spaces of Eastwood, I ate at Mcdonald's alone, I sat on one corner and listened to the pianist as he played the different romantic songs. It was really fun. Though on the other hand, I get to endure all the sight of different couples passing by thinking how pathetic I am to visit a nice mall with no one to be with. Since flower shop tiangges are strewn all across the mall, I just appreciated the flowers they are selling and examined the faces of couples buying those.

It was really fun being able to find a whole new place and get to appreciate every inch of it. Just to think of it, I wouldn't be able to listen to the pianist for an hour if I was with somebody, I wouldn't be able to appreciate a jazz concert since most of my friends are really not into jazz, and lastly, not everyone finds it entertaining to spend an hour and a half in bookstore just browsing through different novels without even having the thought of buying any of them.

I have enjoyed this day exploring and I even forgot that I have to attend a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Paranaque, Philippines